United Church Women
Our purpose is to unite women of the congregation for the total mission of the church and to provide a medium through which they may express their loyalty and devotion to Jesus Christ in Christian witness, study, fellowship and service.
- Hold meetings regularly. Eight to fourteen women attend the general meetings.
- Host meetings of the courts of the United Church of Canada, serving refreshments or meals as requested and able.
- Host meetings of UCW Presbyterial, Conference, and National UCW, providing refreshments or meals.
- Attend North Bay Presbyterial meetings to interact, support and learn about women's ministries through the UCW
- Cater refreshments or meals to outside groups such as Canadian Club and Trinity AOTS when feasible.
- A very important function is catering refreshments for funerals for Emmanuel members.
- Host our Annual Tea and Bazaar at the church usually in November.
- Donate $1,200.00 per year to the United Church of Canada, Mission and Service which is included in Emmanuel's total.
- Sponsor student interns studying for the Christian Ministry in the United Church of Canada from North Bay Presbytery through money forwarded to North Bay Presbyterial UCW.
- A representative from the UCW attends Emmanuel Church Council meetings.
- We encourage inspirational devotions and prayer at the beginning of our meetings.
- We celebrate women of Emmanuel at a catered lunch in January and a Pot Luck lunch in June, through prayer partners, and visiting and delivering homemade cookies before Christmas to home-bound members.