Join Us for Our
Sunday Worship Service
Emmanuel United Church shall be a caring, welcoming faith community, nurturing spiritual life and sharing God's love and grace as experienced in Jesus Christ.
- EMMANUEL UNITED CHURCH 50th ANNUAL TURKEY SUPPER! FRIDAY, Oct. 26/18, SOLD OUT!
- We now need Turkey Cookers – trussed turkeys arrive at your home just looking for an oven in which to roast for a few hours. Gently place turkey into hot oven, and in a short while the enticing aroma of cooking turkey will fill your home. Upon completion, the dedicated Turkey Carvers at Emmanuel, who are awaiting the arrival of your cooked turkey, will take it from there. No fuss, no muss.
- Not to be outdone, our need for Pies is just as easy. Pastry Chefs who make and donate pies are in great demand. But, for those of us who are Pastry challenged, we can purchase a Farmer’s Market brand Pie, bake as per the instructions and donate the whole pie to the supper. Either way we need Pies. And once again, No fuss, no muss!
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the Strategic Planning Retreat this weekend. Your support and interest in Discerning Our Future in Faith for EUC is greatly appreciated. And an extra special thanks is extended to Jeff Celentano (consultant) and The Planning Team.
- Stocking Tea & Bazaar by Emmanuel United Church Women, Saturday November 17, 2018; 10 am to noon at 395 Lakeshore, North Bay. Freshly baked tea biscuits, Bake Table and Craft Table. Parking off William Street.
- Timmy's at Two! You are invited to join Rev. Roni and her husband Lorne at the Tim Horton's/Wendy's on Friday afternoons at 2:00pm for conversations about our faith and how it intersects with our lives and culture.
- Uppity Women of the Bible: A Nine-Week DVD-Based Course Featuring Dr. Lisa Wolfe. ~ Starting ~ Monday, October 15, 2018 7pm - 9p.m. St. Andrew’s United Church; $20. For more information and to register, please call Margaret at (705) 476-3917.
- The Celebration of Ministry Service: Anyone who wants to participate in the mass choir is invited to a rehearsal from 3:30-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 20th at St. Andrew’s Church. The service will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Second Annual Silver Linings: Before, During and After Cancer - A Cancer Wellness & Information Day Saturday, October 20, 2018 9am- 4:30pm Widdifield Secondary School
- Service of Healing and Prayer: on the third Sunday evening of the month beginning October 21, 2018 7pm Christ Church Anglican.
- St. Andrew's United Church: Autumn Tea, Bazaar, Cookie Walk and Silent Auction , Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018. Bazaar 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tea 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.